Wow. My mom taught me an awesome lesson on goals tonight. I was studying my Bible Quiz of which I have not been very diligent. I came to the end of my second slautered chapter when my mom looked up at me and asked what my goal was for my quiz. I did not reply but she could tell I really didn't have any answer. She then proceeded to ask me what my goal was for life, what I wanted to accomplish with life. I just sort of gave her a blank stare because I had never really thought of that. I was trying to think of something to say when she began to talk about the power of goals.
Now I don't claim to have all the answers, but what me and my mom decided was that without goals nothing ever gets done.
I mean you look at men in the Bible, say Noah. Noah was told to get ready for a flood by building an ark. I sure it must have got boring day after day doing the same monotonous work. Don't you think that although Noah's final goal was to have built an ark, he must have had smaller goals? (Like I am going to put in the north side of the third level today or I am going to put the finishing touchs on the door today.)
I don't know the complete power of goals, but basically without setting goals you are just like a boat in the ocean without a rudder, compass, map, or sails. Pretty much you don't know where your going.
I pray that the goals I set will be honoring to God and that I can have the perseverance to carry them through.
Donovan Colegrove
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment