It's 10:20 p.m. on this Saturday night. What did you do today? Did you live your day as though it could have been your last?
Here's what I did... went through some papers, ate some pancakes, checked out all the flooding surrounding my town, ate a picnic lunch with my brother and sister-in-law, read my bible, and went to church. Now here I am, on my couch, considering whether or not I've got any insight to divulge....
In 12 days I'm leaving for South Korea. Two nights ago it finally hit me. I was lying in my bed, listing to The Fray on my iPod, waiting to fall asleep. It was like a brick hit me in the heart and suddenly I was crying and crying. My heart was finally like "You're going to South Korea for 10 whole months of your life! You're not gonna see your mom for 10 months!" I have never had an experience like this. God was just saying to my heart, "Erica, this is your destiny, but remember that no one's destiny was every reached without the endurance of pain, and sacrifice."
I sat up in my bed, opened my shades, and watched the stillness outside. My heart was anywhere but resting in the stillness. I just said to God, "Okay."
I've got the next 12 days to (in some ways) live like I'm dying. These days are passing with intense purpose. I'm going to be missing birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, etc, so I'm attempting to store up some things they can unwrap while I'm away. We'll see how far I get, :) Also I want to make a few calls and be sure that I'm leaving all of my relationships on the right foot. (left feet are harder to balance on......hehe) My advice is this: Live your life with intense purpose.
~Give careful thought to your ways. You have planted much, but harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it. Haggai 1:5-6
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW! I am glad I chose you to write with me.
Post a Comment