Monday, May 26, 2008

Freedom

I found this piece of paper today with a prayer I wrote to God a long time ago. The date on it says April 24, 2007. I was touched by it as I read it and I hope you will be to. I always want this to be my prayer to God. It is styled after the Psalms.

Freedom
Bound I sit
Miserable and weary
Tied by my guilt and shame
Everything has failed
Nothing is satisfying
Broken by my own sin
Wearied by my own evil
What can satisfy me but your presence?
Can anything be greater than your freedom?
What freedom is there in your presence!
What ectasy is there in your place!
In your temple will I praise you
In the outer courts will I call out your name
Because only therein is my pain eased
Only your praise heals my broken heart
You, O God, teach my heart to praise
I wished to see your face
I dreamed of standing in your presence
But because of my unholiness
Because of my wickedness, I could not approach
Only because of your Son am I free
Because of your sacrifice am I able to see your face
Sing O my soul!
Rejoice O my spirit!
The Lord my God is my Help and my Shield
To Him will I run
In my need He will supply me
As I ask, continously He will be there
He is more dependable than my next heartbeat
He will be there when my breath fails me
My God gives strength to my limbs
He empowers me to do all things
Teach me your ways, O God
Train me in your paths
Show me your face
Then only will I know true freedom
I thank God so much that he always takes care of me even when I am in my darkest moment.

No comments: