I know I am not alone in my confession today, so hopefully today's post doesn't just convict me.
I struggle a lot with my thoughts, often thinking things that are wrong that are about people. I know that often messages to people are usually what we struggle with so I am going to go ahead and shoot for it.
I was reading in my Bible and this verse really convicted me.
Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess. Hebrews 3:1 NIV
So what God says in this verse is not what we should not think about, but about who we should think about. We are to think about Jesus, our Author and Perfecter.
Now that we know that God says to fix our thoughts on him, we can ask another question. How do we fix our thoughts on him?
This question is a little more difficult to answer. Hmmm......
Matthew 15:19 says that, "Out of the heart come evil thoughts."
Then it is really our heart to blame in this quest to think Godly thoughts.
Ezekiel 11:19 tells us this about the heart, "I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh."
We can not make this transplant happen by any doing of our own. Nothing we can do will take out the old heart of stone and give us a new heart. God must do this. Our only job in this endeavour is to simply ask God to replace our old heart with a new one.
Donovan Colegrove
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just checked this out and I am amazed. Why should I be, I know that you are well on your way to being a mighty man of God. A man after God's on heart, just like David was. I feel privileged that I have been able to see you grow into a fine young man who hungers and thirsts after the things of the Father over the years. Keep it up. Hope your recital went well.
Post a Comment